Rat Model for Cardiac Hypertrophy (CH)
Myocardial Hypertrophy; Ventricular hypertrophy
- Product No.DSI548Ra01
- Organism SpeciesRattus norvegicus (Rat)Same name, Different species.
- Prototype SpeciesHuman
- Sourceinduced by partial coarctation in the abdominal aorta
- Model Animal StrainsWistar rats (SPF), healthy, male, bodyweight:180g~200g
- Modeling GroupingRandomly divided into six group: Control group, Model group, Positive drug group and Test drug group (three doses) n=15.
- Modeling Period4w~8w
- Modeling Method1. Rats were anesthetized with chloral hydrate (350mg/kg).
2. Shave the hair on the right-hand side of the right kidney and sternal parts with a shaving razor, and make a disinfection with alcohol and iodine.
3. Make an open cut of about 2cm incision on the right side of the rib, separation of the right kidney tissue fat.
4. Use the sterile cotton to pad in the upper right kidney, and isolate right kidney medial abdominal aorta with microforceps.
5. Use 6-0 aseptic silk to go through the separation of abdominal aorta, according to the body weight of rats, to use the right needle to fasten thread, and then pad out needle, causing about 60% stenosis.
6. Cut the excess thread, remove the cotton balls, injected 0.5ml saline, suture muscle layer and skin with 5-0 silk, coated with iodine disinfection.
7. Postoperative continuous intramuscular injection of penicillin 200,000U/d for 1 weeks to prevent infection. 4 weeks after abdominal aorta coarctation in rats, the hypertensive ventricular hypertrophy was established, and the heart failure could be reached in 8 weeks.
- ApplicationsDisease Model
- UOMEach case
- FOBUS$ 130
For more details, please contact local distributors!
- Packages (Simulation)
- Packages (Simulation)
- Fig. Ultrasonography operation image for rat‘s heart
- ISO9001: 2008, ISO13485: 2003 Registered
Model Evaluation of the Rat Model for Cardiac Hypertrophy (CH)
1. Cardiac function test: the changes of left ventricular end diastolic diameter (LVEDD), left ventricular end systolic diameter (LVEDS), left ventricular ejection fraction (LVE%F) and short axis shortening (FS%) were measured by echocardiography.
2. The ratio of heart weight to body weight (HW/BW), the ratio of lung weight to body weight (LW/BW), the ratio of heart weight to tibia length (HW/TL).
Pathological Results of the Rat Model for Cardiac Hypertrophy (CH)
HE staining showed that the volume of myocardial cells was increased, and the number of myocardial cells per unit area was decreased. PSR staining showed that the interstitial collagen increased and the degree of fibrosis increased.
Cytokines Level of the Rat Model for Cardiac Hypertrophy (CH)
Cardiac hypertrophy markers peptide (atrial natriuretic, ANP), brain natriuretic peptide (brain natriuretic peptide, BNP), myosin heavy chain (-MHC) were increased.
Statistical Analysis of the Rat Model for Cardiac Hypertrophy (CH)
SPSS software is used for statistical analysis, measurement data to mean ± standard deviation (x ±ｓ), using t test and single factor analysis of variance for group comparison, P<0.05 indicates there was a significant difference, P<0.01 indicates there are very significant differences.
Tissue/Sections Customized Service
Serums Customized Service
Immunohistochemistry (IHC) Experiment Service
Small Animal Micro CT Imaging Experiment Service
Small Animal MRI Imaging Experiment Service
Small Animal Ultrasound Imaging Experiment Service
Transmission Electron Microscopy (TEM) Experiment Service
Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM) Experiment Service
Learning and Memory Behavioral Experiment Service
Anxiety and Depression Behavioral Experiment Service
Drug Addiction Behavioral Experiment Service
Pain Behavioral Experiment Service
Neuropsychiatric Disorder Behavioral Experiment Service
Fatigue Behavioral Experiment Service
|Catalog No.||Organism species: Rattus norvegicus (Rat)||Applications (RESEARCH USE ONLY!)|
|DSI548Ra01||Rat Model for Cardiac Hypertrophy (CH)||Disease Model|